Last Wednesday and I turned 26 years old. Give me a minute to let that sink in…. Twenty-six. Wow.
To be honest, I didn’t pay much attention to my birthday because I didn’t feel like it needed any sort of recognition. When people asked me what gifts I wanted, I politely requested that they save their money and/or buy something for themselves on my behalf. I wanted August 3rd to be observed as just another wednesday in the year because I felt that the age of 25 was normal and uneventful for me. But on August 3rd at 11:45pm I sat in my bed and reflected on the past twelve months of my life and I realized that I couldn’t have predicted such a great outcome in my wildest dreams. These things include:
- Launching a product line of Peculiar goods. In addition, designing and releasing nine new products within three months of opening. Also, receiving an offer to have these goods sold in a NY boutique store.
- Chartering the coolest private jet that I’ve ever seen from the best aviation company that I’ve ever discovered
- Getting a personal assistant
- Spending one month traveling to 5 different states to find inspiration in the coolest places that I could find.
- Establishing Enrolling in Leadership College and learning so many things that were immediately put into action
- Creating a custom version of my favorite sneaker in the entire world
- Continuing to work as a coaching program manager at [what I consider to be] the world’s greatest management consulting firm
- Meeting lots and lots of amazing people
…and many, many more things!
I would like to thank everyone who was present in any capacity during the last few months of my life. I consider myself extremely blessed and fortunate to have the great opportunity to have these experiences at the relatively young age of twenty five. I know that I did not accomplish these things with my own power, so I can’t take any of the credit for anything.
My main goal in life is to use myself to inspire others and if I’ve done this for anyone in any capacity over the last 12 months, then my goal is working-out well. If I haven’t, that’s fine also because I’m a work in progress.
I am motivated to grab age 26 by the horns and wrestle it into submission, but first I feel the need to give myself a happy birthday gift to myself from myself to tell me, “I’m proud of you, self.” I wonder if Pluto is for sale??